Another great weekend of fishing from all along the Dorset coast. The slowly increasing water tempreture is bringing some nice fish in.
Plenty of Plaice, Dabs, Smoothound, Dogfish and Mackerel have been landed to the western end of Chesil. Marks from Cogden all the way to the left of Abbotsbury were packed at the weekend. Despite that some nice Rays have been landed.
Weymouth end of the beach has seen plenty of Smoothound and Dogfish as well as Whitting.
I have had loads of Pollock from Portland Bill and Chesil Cove on lures. Also heard of a lot coming from Chesil Beach car park area at Ferrybridge.
It seems that the Bass have finaly started feeding on Kimmeridge marks, with at least a dozen reported caught on lures.
Poole harbour is fishing really well for small Plaice on Ragworm. Two local anglers managed 30 between them on the flooding tide.
Boats from Weymouth have had some big bags of Plaice and Turbot from the Shambles. Several boats reported over 100 plaice boated, with most being returned.
- Fishing forecast for CHesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 20th July 2012It looks like we are going to be having a period of settled fairly calm weather. This […]
- Catch report from Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland and Kimmeridge bayOnce again a great weekend's fishing has been and gone.
Despite the small tides, West […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland, Weymouth and Kimmeridge Bay. 2nd April 2012After a great day out on the boat yesterday, I am set for an afternoons Bassing along […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland & Kimmeridge Bay. 9th May 2012All change on the weather front again. Some pretty strong winds forecast for the next […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland & Kimmeridge Bay. 13th April 2012A lovely Dorset day and I am stuck at work; at least for the next couple of hours. […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland & Kimmeridge Bay. March 29th 2012Another glorious Dorset day, with lots of sunshine, but make the most of it as the […]