Water conditions. Chesil beach currently has wavelets with a small amount of surf, water clarity is good. Portland and Portland Harbour is a bit more exposed to the NE wind that is currently rising to 15mph, making fishing on the East side a bit uncomfortable. Water clarity on the East side is milky, with quite a bit of weed in the water. Weymouth high tide is at 1.38pm with just a s mall 1.39m tide.
For a full forecast of expected catches have a look at yesterdays report //fishingtails.co.uk/?p=229
I have had quite a few people ask me if the Bass are around yet. They are around Kimmeridge and Worbarrow Bay, but not really around Portland or Chesil yet. I don’t really expect them to reach Portland until the end of the month.
Yes I have caught Bass this week, but the conditions were perfect and everything was in place for a good catch , but looking at the weather and tides for the next few days, nothing really lines up.
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 3rd of June 2012Latest reports suggest that the fishing on the beach was better yesterday that it has […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 21st August 2012Despite the fairly settled weather the water still remains with a lot more colour in it […]
- Fishing Forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 4th July 2012With the wind much more settled now I can see some decent catches coming from Chesil […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland & Kimmeridge Bay. 17th May 2012Current conditions are good, with a nice mid sized tide and overcast sky. Wind is still […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland, Weymouth & Kimmeridge Bay. 9th July 2012I have a big week full of fishing this coming week, so if the reports are short or […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 30th June 2012I know that I said that Chesil was unfishable yesterday and in my opinion from a safety […]