This period of lockdown has given me plenty of time to think about the future of Fishing Tails, both as a business and as a website. I started the site as a blog way back in February 2012, as a way of giving people regular reports on catches and conditions on Chesil Beach. I hope you will agree with me that the site has changed for the better so much since the early days, with several new looks and lots more information, not just for Chesil, but other areas of the country as well.
After several years of infrequent posting and almost giving up the website I have decided to throw as much of my time into it as possible. I want to take it to the next level and I need your help to do that. I want you to have your say on what you want to see on the site in the future. I have the following ideas and I hope you will like them:
* Continue with the Chesil Beach report, but extend it to other areas
* More tackle reviews
* Easy accessible links to tackle that I use and know works
* Lots more rigs and how to make them and when and where to use them
* Fishing marks from around the country, giving in depth detail on the best methods and times for different species
* More videos
* Promoting affordable fishing destinations around the world. This is an area I have been working on in the background for a number of years. I am well aware that most anglers can’t afford the thousands of pounds to take trips with the likes of Sportsquest and Aardvark McCleod, so I have been working with some of the less well know companies and guides around the world to bring exotic fishing holidays, to those of us that are not high earners.
Those are my ideas but I really want you to email me or leave comments, so I know what you as a reader wants, or doesn’t want to see. As you can tell this is going to be a lot of effort on my part, but I am hoping to have a lot more guest writers as well and if anyone wants to contribute and help grow the site then please contact me [email protected]
To do all this is going to have a cost implication and this is where you come in. I am not asking for money, but what I would ask is that if you like a post or article then please use social media to share. The more readers we have the more chance we have of attracting advertisers to help fund the site and for us to do more for you. Links such as those from Amazon supply us with a very small percentage commission from any purchases you make on Amazon. So if you are thinking of buying something on Amazon then please go through one of the links on our page and we get a percentage of anything that you buy from Amazon in the next 24 hours. You do not have to purchase the item on the link, just access Amazon through that, even links like the unlimited music one on the side bar, or this example below of a handy line spooler.